In the dark, wet winter months of Seattle, Electric Coffin’s Illumination Station became a beacon of brightness. The installation acted as a portal that temporarily transported viewers into a glowing moment of clarity among foggy times. From the exterior, park visitors were greeted by colorful floral patterns: a reminder that spring would come again. When walking through, a lit mosaic ceiling showered visitors with colorful light to recharge the spirit throughout weeks of cloudy skies.
Download Park Permit Application
Westlake ParkSign up for Parks Newsletter
General Park Info:
Michael Johnson, Director of Parks & Public Spaces
Jennifer Casillas, VP, Public Realm & Ambassador Operations
Art and Public Space Projects:
Seth Geiser, Manager, Urban Planning & Design
The Seattle Municipal Code prohibits:
- Placing any structure or obstruction in the park without a permit
- Dogs or other pets that are not leashed; person with dog must carry and use equipment for removing feces.
- Sale of merchandise without a permit
- Amplified sound without a permit.
- Liquor (open or closed container)
- Skateboarding, roller-skating
- Illegal gambling
- Urinating or defecating
Parks Code of Conduct (enforceable under SMC 18.12.040) prohibits:
- Depriving others of their use or enjoyment of the park
- No smoking
- Unattended items
- Creating a risk of harm to any person or property
- Obstructing pedestrian traffic; interfering with the provision of services or the use of park property
- Disrupting Parks and Recreation activities.
- Abusive or harassing behavior