Each holiday season, DSA and partners bring a little bit of extra fun and sparkle to Westlake Park and Occidental Square, through our management of those two iconic urban parks. In 2016, Occidental Square featured a special kind of interactive historical experience during the holidays. History, Contained, constructed inside a 15-foot shipping container, invited visitors to step back through time to 1920s-era downtown Seattle. The exterior featured a forest landscape, while specialized displays and interior lighting provided a trolley’s-eye view of First Avenue.
Download Park Permit Application
Westlake ParkSign up for Parks Newsletter
General Park Info:
Michael Johnson, Director of Parks & Public Spaces
Jennifer Casillas, VP, Public Realm & Ambassador Operations
Art and Public Space Projects:
Seth Geiser, Manager, Urban Planning & Design
The Seattle Municipal Code prohibits:
- Placing any structure or obstruction in the park without a permit
- Dogs or other pets that are not leashed; person with dog must carry and use equipment for removing feces.
- Sale of merchandise without a permit
- Amplified sound without a permit.
- Liquor (open or closed container)
- Skateboarding, roller-skating
- Illegal gambling
- Urinating or defecating
Parks Code of Conduct (enforceable under SMC 18.12.040) prohibits:
- Depriving others of their use or enjoyment of the park
- No smoking
- Unattended items
- Creating a risk of harm to any person or property
- Obstructing pedestrian traffic; interfering with the provision of services or the use of park property
- Disrupting Parks and Recreation activities.
- Abusive or harassing behavior