Basketball Hoops in Occidental Square
Basketball hoops in Occidental Square feature backboards designed by local Seattle artists Ten Hundred and Leo Shallat. We believe there should be free, accessible public recreation throughout downtown, and these hoops represent a small part of that mission. Stop by the park now and show off your moves – but no dunking, please!
Download Park Permit Application
Westlake ParkSign up for Parks Newsletter
General Park Info:
Michael Johnson, Director of Parks & Public Spaces
Jennifer Casillas, VP, Public Realm & Ambassador Operations
Art and Public Space Projects:
Seth Geiser, Manager, Urban Planning & Design
The Seattle Municipal Code prohibits:
- Placing any structure or obstruction in the park without a permit
- Dogs or other pets that are not leashed; person with dog must carry and use equipment for removing feces.
- Sale of merchandise without a permit
- Amplified sound without a permit.
- Liquor (open or closed container)
- Skateboarding, roller-skating
- Illegal gambling
- Urinating or defecating
Parks Code of Conduct (enforceable under SMC 18.12.040) prohibits:
- Depriving others of their use or enjoyment of the park
- No smoking
- Unattended items
- Creating a risk of harm to any person or property
- Obstructing pedestrian traffic; interfering with the provision of services or the use of park property
- Disrupting Parks and Recreation activities.
- Abusive or harassing behavior