By the numbers:
- More than 88,000 residents call downtown Seattle home (43-percent growth since 2010).
- More than one in 10 Seattleites call downtown home.
- There are more than 56,000 households in downtown.
- The median age of a downtown resident is 37. That’s the same as the city and a year younger than the median age in the Puget Sound region.
- More than a quarter (26 percent) of downtown residents live with others related by birth, marriage or adoption.
- Nearly 4,850 children live downtown, doubling from 2010 to 2018. School-aged children (ages 5-17) increased by 133 percent.
The charts below display current demographic data for downtown Seattle.
Data Source: Esri Community Analyst
Last updated: July, 2019
If you have questions about our research, contact Elliott Krivenko: