By the numbers:
- More than 82,000 residents call downtown Seattle home (38-percent growth since 2010).
- More than one in 10 Seattleites call downtown home.
- There are more than 54,000 households in downtown.
- The median age of a downtown resident is 37. That’s the same as the city and a year younger than the median age in the Puget Sound region.
- More than a quarter (26 percent) of downtown residents live with others related by birth, marriage or adoption.
- Nearly 4,400 children live downtown, an increase of 89 percent from 2010 to 2018. School-aged children (ages 5-17) increased by 48 percent.
- Each year, approximately 30,000 students attend classes at downtown schools.
View charts in the tabs below to explore downtown Seattle data related to population, households, families, education and income. For most of the data in these charts, you can find comparisons to the city and region by hovering over or clicking on individual data points in the chart.
If you have questions about our research, contact Elliott Krivenko: