By the numbers:
- About 84,000 residents call downtown Seattle home.
- More than one in 10 Seattleites call downtown home.
- The median age of a downtown resident is 37, similar to the city and region.
- About one in five (18%) of downtown residents live with others related by birth, marriage or adoption.
- In the past decade, school-aged children (ages 5-17) increased by 168%. This was one of the fastest-growing demographics over that period.
The charts below display current demographic data for downtown Seattle. Please note that all statistics on this page are estimates for July 1 of each year. Given the speed and severity of the COVID-19 crisis, the data inputs used for these estimates may not yet capture the impacts of the pandemic. Our downtown total population estimate from Esri was adjusted using residential occupancy data from CoStar to account for changes due to COVID-19. The population segment data (population by age, race, etc) was not adjusted.
Data Source: Esri Community Analyst
Last updated: July, 2020
If you have questions about our research, contact Elliott Krivenko at firstname.lastname@example.org.