By the numbers:
- More than 96,000 residents call downtown Seattle home.
- More than one in 10 Seattleites call downtown home.
- There are more than 64,000 households in downtown.
- The median age of a downtown resident is 37, similar to the city and region.
- About one in five (18%) of downtown residents live with others related by birth, marriage or adoption.
- More than 5,500 children live downtown. In the past decade, school-aged children (ages 5-17) increased by 168%. This was one of the fastest-growing demographics over that period.
The charts below display current demographic data for downtown Seattle. Please note that all statistics on this page are estimates for July 1 of each year. Given the speed and severity of the COVID-19 crisis, the data inputs used for these estimates may not yet capture the impacts of the pandemic.
Data Source: Esri Community Analyst
Last updated: July, 2020
If you have questions about our research, contact Elliott Krivenko at firstname.lastname@example.org.