Come out to PLAY in Westlake Park and Occidental Square
If you’re not sure what to do in our great downtown parks, DSA’s latest art installation, PLAY, spelled it out for you – literally. Each letter of the word PLAY stands five feet tall, and together they formed a 20-foot-long reminder to take a break from the daily bustle and enjoy yourself.
The PLAY art installations, curated by DSA staff, were constructed from Italian bending poplar wrapped around wooden frames by Rainier Industries. Art on the words depicted a playful Puget Sound landscape with wildlife and colorful, faux-3D letters.
Download Park Permit Application
Westlake ParkSign up for Parks Newsletter
General Park Info:
Michael Johnson, Director of Parks & Public Spaces
Jennifer Casillas, VP, Public Realm & Ambassador Operations
Art and Public Space Projects:
Seth Geiser, Manager, Urban Planning & Design
The Seattle Municipal Code prohibits:
- Placing any structure or obstruction in the park without a permit
- Dogs or other pets that are not leashed; person with dog must carry and use equipment for removing feces.
- Sale of merchandise without a permit
- Amplified sound without a permit.
- Liquor (open or closed container)
- Skateboarding, roller-skating
- Illegal gambling
- Urinating or defecating
Parks Code of Conduct (enforceable under SMC 18.12.040) prohibits:
- Depriving others of their use or enjoyment of the park
- No smoking
- Unattended items
- Creating a risk of harm to any person or property
- Obstructing pedestrian traffic; interfering with the provision of services or the use of park property
- Disrupting Parks and Recreation activities.
- Abusive or harassing behavior