Public Space Projects
Denny Dog Park Mural
Did you know dogs can see color? It’s true. They just can’t see as many shades as humans. Which means everyone can enjoy the multi-hued constellation of friendly canines overlooking one of the most popular dog parks in the city. The mural was a collaboration between Art is Fun, the Seattle Parks Department and artist, Cern. What used to be a nondescript wall hemming in one of the few off-leash areas in downtown is now a vibrant visual identity for the park.
Download Park Permit Application
Westlake ParkSign up for Parks Newsletter
General Park Info:
Michael Johnson, Director of Parks & Public Spaces
Jennifer Casillas, VP, Public Realm & Ambassador Operations
Art and Public Space Projects:
Seth Geiser, Manager, Urban Planning & Design
The Seattle Municipal Code prohibits:
- Placing any structure or obstruction in the park without a permit
- Dogs or other pets that are not leashed; person with dog must carry and use equipment for removing feces.
- Sale of merchandise without a permit
- Amplified sound without a permit.
- Liquor (open or closed container)
- Skateboarding, roller-skating
- Illegal gambling
- Urinating or defecating
Parks Code of Conduct (enforceable under SMC 18.12.040) prohibits:
- Depriving others of their use or enjoyment of the park
- No smoking
- Unattended items
- Creating a risk of harm to any person or property
- Obstructing pedestrian traffic; interfering with the provision of services or the use of park property
- Disrupting Parks and Recreation activities.
- Abusive or harassing behavior