Westlake Park sits at the epicenter of downtown’s retail core. Since 2015, DSA has managed the park through an agreement with the City of Seattle. Guided by a vision to create a more active and welcoming space, we’ve brought in colorful furniture, games, music, food and kids activities. We’ve also hired park staff and full-time security. The result? A bustling urban gathering place that attracts workers, shoppers, visitors and kids of all ages. Live music and games in the summer — and holiday celebrations in winter — create a unique downtown experience for hundreds of thousands of people each year.
Events at Westlake Park
Download Park Permit Application
Westlake ParkSign up for Parks Newsletter
General Park Info:
Michael Johnson, Director of Parks & Public Spaces
Jennifer Casillas, VP, Public Realm & Ambassador Operations
Art and Public Space Projects:
Seth Geiser, Manager, Urban Planning & Design
The Seattle Municipal Code prohibits:
- Placing any structure or obstruction in the park without a permit
- Dogs or other pets that are not leashed; person with dog must carry and use equipment for removing feces.
- Sale of merchandise without a permit
- Amplified sound without a permit.
- Liquor (open or closed container)
- Skateboarding, roller-skating
- Illegal gambling
- Urinating or defecating
Parks Code of Conduct (enforceable under SMC 18.12.040) prohibits:
- Depriving others of their use or enjoyment of the park
- No smoking
- Unattended items
- Creating a risk of harm to any person or property
- Obstructing pedestrian traffic; interfering with the provision of services or the use of park property
- Disrupting Parks and Recreation activities.
- Abusive or harassing behavior