As workers return to the office and visitors and residents again experience all downtown has to offer, the Downtown Seattle Association and the city of Seattle are partnering on two sets of “Welcome Back Weeks” from July 12–25 and September 4–19.
More than 10,000 people stopped by in July for free refreshments, giveaways, music, information and more. From Sept. 13–19, DSA will again host Welcome Back Booths at locations across downtown.
Welcome Back Booth Times and Locations:
- 2+U Building (Second Avenue between University & Seneca): Sept. 14 & 16
- Sixth Avenue & Pike Street: Sept. 13, 15 & 17
- Ferry Overpass (Alaskan Way & Columbia Street): Sept. 14 & 16
- Harbor Steps (top): Sept. 13, 15 & 17
- Pine Street Plaza: Sept. 13–17
11 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Bell Street Park: Sept. 13, 15 & 17
- Harbor Steps (top): Sept. 14 & 16
- McGraw Square: Sept. 14 & 16
- Occidental Square: Sept. 14, 16 & 19
- Pier 62: Sept. 18
- Urban Triangle (South Lake Union): Sept. 13, 15 & 17
- Westlake Park: Sept. 13, 15 & 17–18
South Lake Union (Seventh Avenue between Lenora & Blanchard): Sept. 14 & 16
With support from the Metropolitan Improvement District, we’re hosting a wide range of inclusive, family-friendly activities during Welcome Back Weeks and all summer long. You can enjoy free live local music, try your hand at a downtown scavenger hunt, or take part in a guided urban hike along the waterfront or through the retail core. Actors from The 5th Avenue Theatre will perform Broadway favorites at select downtown locations and we’ve got a full calendar of events at Westlake Park and Occidental Square.
In July, we launched a major marketing and communications effort to reunite locals with downtown. Under the theme Love, SeaTown, we’re highlighting the things we love about — and can only experience — downtown. The campaign spans social media, radio, transit and local TV. A complete listing of DSA events and other promotions is available at loveseatown.com.