360 Beacon by StereoBot
The 360 Beacon Hub was a twisting, glowing chromatic art display climbing 20 feet high across a 32-foot diameter in the middle of Occidental Square.
During the holiday season of 2017, visitors to Occidental Square walked under and through this multi-colored installation that became a photo favorite. Lounge areas within the Hub invited visitors to meet and relax.
At night, the 360 Beacon Hub was activated by a choreographed series of unique light displays, one for each day of the week, with a goal of creating a vibrant nighttime atmosphere.
The installation was created by art and design firm StereoBot.
Download Park Permit Application
Westlake ParkSign up for Parks Newsletter
General Park Info:
Michael Johnson, Director of Parks & Public Spaces
Jennifer Casillas, VP, Public Realm & Ambassador Operations
Art and Public Space Projects:
Seth Geiser, Manager, Urban Planning & Design
The Seattle Municipal Code prohibits:
- Placing any structure or obstruction in the park without a permit
- Dogs or other pets that are not leashed; person with dog must carry and use equipment for removing feces.
- Sale of merchandise without a permit
- Amplified sound without a permit.
- Liquor (open or closed container)
- Skateboarding, roller-skating
- Illegal gambling
- Urinating or defecating
Parks Code of Conduct (enforceable under SMC 18.12.040) prohibits:
- Depriving others of their use or enjoyment of the park
- No smoking
- Unattended items
- Creating a risk of harm to any person or property
- Obstructing pedestrian traffic; interfering with the provision of services or the use of park property
- Disrupting Parks and Recreation activities.
- Abusive or harassing behavior