Blue Sky Passage
In winter 2016, DSA wrapped the inside of a 20-foot shipping container with summer photos of the Cascade Mountains, creating a sunlit interlude for cloud-weary pedestrians. Blue skies and imagery of Goat Peak in the Eastern Cascades were illuminated from behind, transporting summer into the city and visitors to a warmer season, if just for a moment. Commissioned by DSA and stationed in Westlake Park for several weeks, the art installation was a big hit with passersby of all ages.
Download Park Permit Application
Westlake ParkSign up for Parks Newsletter
General Park Info:
Michael Johnson, Director of Parks & Public Spaces
Jennifer Casillas, VP, Public Realm & Ambassador Operations
Art and Public Space Projects:
Seth Geiser, Manager, Urban Planning & Design
The Seattle Municipal Code prohibits:
- Placing any structure or obstruction in the park without a permit
- Dogs or other pets that are not leashed; person with dog must carry and use equipment for removing feces.
- Sale of merchandise without a permit
- Amplified sound without a permit.
- Liquor (open or closed container)
- Skateboarding, roller-skating
- Illegal gambling
- Urinating or defecating
Parks Code of Conduct (enforceable under SMC 18.12.040) prohibits:
- Depriving others of their use or enjoyment of the park
- No smoking
- Unattended items
- Creating a risk of harm to any person or property
- Obstructing pedestrian traffic; interfering with the provision of services or the use of park property
- Disrupting Parks and Recreation activities.
- Abusive or harassing behavior