Commute Seattle is a nonprofit Transportation Management Association founded in 2004. Our mission is to foster mobility partnerships to keep Seattle moving and thriving for all. We are a non-profit supported by an alliance between the Downtown Seattle Association, King County Metro, Sound Transit, and the City of Seattle. Commute Seattle is a fast-paced organization focused on partnering with employers and institutions to implement sustainable transportation options and trip reduction strategies that positively change commute behavior, improve quality of life, and support economic and environmental goals. The Transportation Specialist is a vital part of a team supporting a nationally- recognized Transportation Demand Management (TDM) program in a city with cutting edge multi-modal transportation and new mobility programs.
At its core, this position educates employers about commute benefits for workers to encourage the use of sustainable transportation options. More specifically, the Transportation Specialist works as part of a team to provide technical assistance, support, and guidance to Seattle’s largest employers (affected by Washington State’s Commute Trip Reduction (CTR) law) and large buildings with City – mandated Transportation Management Programs (TMPs). Alongside knowledge of Seattle’s transportation options, the specialist uses employer best practice research and excellent customer service skills to aid large businesses and buildings across Seattle to:
- Achieve compliance with state and city mandates,
- Implement a workplace commuter survey, biennial reporting, and
- Provide effective sustainable transportation solutions for their employees.
Another key objective for the specialist is educational programming for business and property managers, including trainings, events, and associated collateral materials. This work is carried out under Commute Seattle’s service agreement with Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) and the Specialist will work closely with program staff at the agency.
- Aid businesses and property managers to develop sustainable commute programs with commuter benefits and transportation amenities and evaluate each program’s effectiveness and compliance with City and State requirements
- Provide timely and friendly customer service to employers and property managers seeking information about transportation options
- Plan and execute high quality educational/informational seminars, brown bag presentations, one-on-one meetings, and small group presentations
- Track contract deliverables, maintain client database system, and fulfill all internal and external administrative functions associated with the position
- Work collaboratively with partner organizations which include the Downtown Seattle Association, King County Metro, Washington State Department of Transportation, and the City of Seattle. Represent current partner products, services, promotions, and policies accurately and professionally
- Engage with the Commute Seattle team on opportunities to innovate and move the needle towards increased use of sustainable transportation options for all
- A minimum of one year of related employment which may include client management, account management, transportation demand management, commute trip reduction, consultative sales, transportation planning or another related field
- The candidate must be detail-oriented, have extremely strong organizational skills to manage a high-volume of customer service relations and database management, while also demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines and manage complex projects within a fast-paced environment with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to work independently and as part of a team on sensitive issues with a diverse group of individuals
- Competency with MS Outlook products, Google Suite, Zoom or another video conference platform
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, evaluate and communicate data in writing and/or to a broad range of audiences
- Passion for multi-modal transportation, sustainability and/or affordability
- Ability to develop and present persuasive information to groups, public speaking experience
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize work assignments and consistently meet deadlines
- Experience using Tableau software, Adobe Creative programs, GIS or other mapping/analysis software
Starting hourly rate of $27.50 to $30.50, depending on qualifications, plus full medical, dental, vision benefits, paid time off, short, and long-term disability, 401K retirement plan and annual ORCA Passport transit pass.
COVID-19 Work From Home
Currently, all Commute Seattle staff are working from home due to the pandemic.
Please send one document combining resume and cover letter to Olivia Holden at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title and your last name (e.g. Transportation Specialist_HOLDEN) in the subject line to ensure consideration.
This position is open until Jan. 15, 2021.
No phone calls, please.
Commute Seattle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.