Senior Specialist, Events & Sponsorship
Director, Membership & Sponsorship
Established in 1958, the Downtown Seattle Association (DSA) is a nonprofit membership organization whose mission is to create a healthy, vibrant downtown for all. By advocating on issues including transportation, economic development and the urban experience, DSA works to ensure that downtown remains a great place to live, work, shop and play. DSA also founded and manages the Metropolitan Improvement District, a business-improvement area spanning 285 square blocks downtown.
The Senior Specialist, Events & Sponsorship, is an integral member of DSA’s Communications & Marketing team, responsible for helping plan and execute a variety of high-quality, on-brand events for DSA members and Metropolitan Improvement District ratepayers. This includes both in-person and virtual programs. In addition to event-specific duties, this person will help execute on commitments to event sponsors/partners. The DSA Communications & Marketing team has a broad scope of work, including membership, events/sponsorship, earned and social media, brand and website management, graphic design and copywriting. This is an office-based position with flexibility for some remote workdays.
Essential Duties and Tasks
- Creates and manages an annual events calendar, avoiding conflicts with other potentially competitive external events and internal/employee events.
- Helps identify themes, plan content, and research/identify speakers and venues for multiple events.
- Helps create and oversee annual events budgets.
- Assists with the execution of all event sponsor deliverables.
- Supports outreach to speakers and gathers needed promotional material (speaker bios, headshots, sponsor logos, etc.).
- Schedules necessary planning meetings and follows up on identified planning/next steps.
- Works with outside vendors to secure food & beverage, décor, audio-visual, entertainment, etc., as needed.
- Helps track registration and sponsorship income and event expenses.
- Identifies collateral/promotional needs for events (slides, signage, website updates, etc.) and works closely with other team members on creation and execution of branded event materials.
- Staffs all in-person and virtual events and attends virtual events, triages any issues, and incorporates opportunities for improvement into future events.
- Supports employee events and other stakeholder events as time allows.
- Attends events of other similar organizations to monitor and report back on learnings.
- Collaborates closely with other members of the Communications & Marketing team, other DSA staff and outside event contractors.
- Performs other related duties of a comparable level/type as assigned.
- Creates post-event wrap-up reports.
- Three-five years’ experience in events/partnerships, marketing or related field
- Creative individual who can work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to interact professionally with members, ratepayers, staff and vendors
- Highly organized and attentive to detail with excellent follow-through
- Deadline-oriented individual who can work well in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Must be available to work early mornings, evenings or weekends as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; experience in AP style editing preferred
- Some professional experience with social media platforms, including LinkedIn and Twitter
- Must be comfortable working with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Strong collaboration and consensus building skills
- Ability to effectively represent DSA, its mission and values in the community
Skilled in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PPT, Excel and WordPress. Experience with Neon CRM software a plus.
- Reflect the Downtown Seattle Association’s core values of Collaboration, Perseverance, Innovation, Excellence and Integrity
- Commitment to a growth mindset
- Humility, sense of humor and comfort with ambiguity
- Embrace the DSA mission and adjust for changing priorities as we create a healthy, vibrant downtown for all.
The hourly pay range for this position is $28.85-34.00 per hour. Downtown Seattle Association provides a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 100% employer-paid:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Paid FMLA
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 10 paid Holidays plus six paid personal days
- ORCA transit card
- First Choice Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account (medical or dependent)
- Employer-Matched 401(k) Contribution with up to 5% Match
Things to Know About DSA
We recognize there is value in the Downtown Seattle Association and our affiliate organizations and programs reflecting the diversity of our community and we are intentionally and actively seeking out applications from a variety of backgrounds, including members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC).
Downtown Seattle Association is an equal opportunity employer. All employees and potential employees will be recruited, selected, trained, promoted, and, if necessary, disciplined without regard to sex, race, religion, creed, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political ideology or activity, disability, honorably discharged veteran or military status. All applicants are carefully screened, and full consideration is given to their training, education, skills, aptitudes, experience, and previous work record. In addition, DSA does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information in its employment related policies and practices, including coverage under its health benefits program.
Downtown Seattle Association is proud to step up for safety by requiring COVID-19 vaccination of all team members. To be considered for employment, applicants must supply verification of vaccination during the initial interview process.
Please submit your application materials to email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with priority given to applications received by 5 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 19, 2022. Apply Today