Senior Program Manager
Commute Seattle is a nonprofit Transportation Management Association founded in 2004. Our mission is to foster mobility partnerships to keep Seattle moving and thriving for all. We are an alliance of the Downtown Seattle Association, King County Metro, Sound Transit and the City of Seattle. Commute Seattle is a fast-paced organization focused on partnering with employers and institutions to implement Transportation Demand Management (TDM) strategies that positively change commute behavior.
Commute Seattle is seeking a Senior Program Manager to lead a portfolio of TDM programs, oversee a team of transportation specialists and contribute to organizational leadership and growth. This position provides contractual, budgetary and staffing oversight on multiple publicly-funded projects, works with staff and external partners to ensure project coordination and helps the organization continue its mission by leading grant-seeking efforts. As part of Commute Seattle’s leadership team, the Senior Program Manager assists with operational leadership of the organization and will frequently represent the organization to external partners including local government officials, transit agency staff and private sector clients.
- Provide collaborative and accountable leadership to a team of Transportation Specialists working on TDM projects for local agencies
- Manage program budgets, approve expenses, ensure adequate tracking of metrics and deliverables and finalize program reports
- Provide professional mentorship to direct reports, including through regular 1:1 meetings and written evaluations
- Lead organizational grant-seeking from public and private sources
- Represent Commute Seattle in meetings with funders and partners
- Provide guidance to the staff-led Program Integration Committee
- Along with Executive Director and management team, support agency-wide budgeting and process improvement
- Support on additional projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience in urban planning, public administration, or a related field
- 5+ years of high visibility project or program management
- Demonstrable experience in developing and editing written content
- Strong oral communication skills, including the ability to develop and deliver presentations to groups of all sizes
- Experience in establishing and monitoring program metrics
- Professional and capable of providing excellent customer service to potential clients
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated success meeting deadlines with high quality results
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Outlook
- Master’s degree or commensurate experience in a related field
- 2+ years experience in business to business sales or marketing
- 3+ years managing direct reports with collaborative mentorship
- Advanced knowledge of TDM best practices
- Experience working with multiple budgets, tracking expenses and ensuring accuracy
- Experience working collaboratively with public sector partners and funders
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
Annual salary $66,352–$76,752 depending on experience, plus full medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off, short- and long-term disability, 401K retirement plan and annual ORCA Pass.
Please send resume, cover letter, and three professional references by May 30, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls, please.