Status: Full Time; Non-exempt
Reporting Relationship: Director, Human Resources
The Downtown Seattle Association (DSA) is a nonprofit membership organization whose mission is to create a healthy, vibrant downtown. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, this position is responsible for performing recruitment duties for a diverse team of ambassadors who perform cleaning, activate spaces, perform customer service and social service outreach on the streets of downtown Seattle. A critical component of this position is a strong desire to assist individuals experiencing homelessness and other barriers to employment in rebuilding their job skills.
The Recruiter will identify, recruit and screen potential employees for Downtown Seattle Association/Metropolitan Improvement District. The Recruiter will identify staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization.
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
- Collaborates with department managers to understand the requirements, duties, and qualifications desired for the specified vacant position(s).
- Posts open positions on recruiting sites.
- Screens candidates and selects qualified and interested candidates for the interviewing phase, and then connects viable candidates hiring managers.
- Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Educates candidates on the interview and hiring process.
- Checks candidates’ references and credentials, verifying experience and backgrounds.
- Attends job fairs, campus events and other networking opportunities.
- Follows up with clients or hiring managers after the interview process to determine whether a placement can be made; collects feedback when placement is unsuccessful.
- Maintains and ensures compliance with applicable equal employment opportunity (EEO) and related employment laws and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field required.
- At least five years managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process highly preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- SHRM’s Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential a plus.
- Experience with ADP a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Hourly rate $24.00 – $28.00 DOE, ORCA pass, 401k retirement with company match, FSA, 100% company-paid medical, dental, short-term and long-term disability insurance; generous paid time off (PTO), paid holidays
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The Downtown Seattle Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer