Full time, Exempt
Commute Seattle is a nonprofit Transportation Management Association founded in 2004. Our mission is to foster mobility partnerships to keep Seattle moving and thriving for all. We are a non-profit supported by an alliance between the Downtown Seattle Association, King County Metro, Sound Transit, and the City of Seattle. Commute Seattle is a fast-paced organization focused on partnering with employers and institutions to implement Transportation Demand Management (TDM) strategies that positively change commute behavior.
The Program Manager is responsible for planning and implementing all aspects of Commute Seattle’s transportation programs designed to reduce commute trips into downtown Seattle, including execution of the Commute Trip Reduction and Transportation Management Programs and consultative fee-for-service work. The Program Manager will oversee administration and operations with government partners; fulfill grant reporting and implementation requirements; coordinate and support a team of four Transportation Specialists; and oversee special projects and additional programs as assigned.
At Commute Seattle, we value the contributions of all staff members, regardless of title. Our leadership team leads by example and respectfully makes space for everyone to participate in shaping the organization and our work. An ideal candidate for this position will be committed to creating an environment where all employees can flourish and passionately work on the tasks that they do best. Managing our work with precision and guiding staff with compassion is a key component of our team dynamic.
• Coordinate, oversee, and report on various service delivery contracts with local government partners including, but not limited to, Commute Trip Reduction Services and the Transportation Management Program
• Assume responsibility for daily implementation of grant program requirements and programming, grant program management, and reporting of grant information as required by government partners
• Oversee, develop, plan, coordinate and deliver transportation events and additional specialized outreach in support of multiple programs’ goals, including an annual awards breakfast, topical employer panels, and technical trainings.
• Oversee organizational outcome tracking: finalize monthly and quarterly organizational dashboard of activities and other applicable reporting tools
• Provide complementary transportation solutions in a consultative manner to employers and property managers
• Inform organizational marketing campaigns and promotional events to meet contracted grant and organizational deliverables
• Perform and supervise administration and operations functions such as contract negotiation, administration, recordkeeping, customer tracking, invoicing, program measurement and effectiveness reporting, correspondence and procedures.
• Provide quarterly and annual status reports on grant implementation and invoicing
• Supervise, hire and develop strong team to assist with goals.
• Other projects and duties as assigned
• 3-5 years of grant or program management experience
• 2+ years managing teams of staff
• Experience developing and producing quarterly and annual reports and establishing outcome goals and benchmarks
• Experience managing an annual budget and quarterly invoicing
• Professional and capable of demonstrating and teaching excellent customer service
• Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to develop and deliver public presentations to groups of all sizes; experience reviewing and supporting the written work and presentations of others
• Strong organizational skills and demonstrated success leading a team in meeting deadlines with high quality results
• The ability and willingness to handle multiple projects, demands and moving targets
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, strong collaboration skills and sense of accountability
• Competency in MS Office Suite and Outlook
• Demonstrated success negotiating and administering government funded programs and contracts
• Experience analyzing quantitative data to inform program design and improvement
• Transportation Demand Management (TDM), Commute Trip Reduction (CTR), mobility options, or other transportation industry experience
• Knowledge of transit agencies and transportation policies in the Puget Sound Region
• Experience using relational databases such as Salesforce and NeonCRM.
COMPENSATION: Annual salary $66,352 – $76,752 depending on experience, plus full medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off, short- and long-term disability, 401K retirement plan and annual ORCA Pass.
TO APPLY: Please send resume, cover letter and three references by December 31st to Kendle Bjelland at Kendleb@commuteseattle.com.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
Commute Seattle is an Equal Opportunity Employer