Position: Part-time Downtown Ambassador – Clean Team
Department: Clean Team
Reporting Relationship: Clean Team Supervisor
Status: Part-time, Non-exempt
Schedule: 6 a.m.-11 a.m. (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday)
The Downtown Ambassador – Clean Team is responsible for, but not limited to, keeping the sidewalks, curbs and other areas of the physical environment of the Seattle’s Metropolitan Improvement District clean and free of litter, trash and other forms of debris. Ambassadors will be assigned a specific work area within the MID.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintenance of an assigned work area of 8-12 blocks in size.
- Sweeps or removes litter from sidewalks, curbs and other areas of public space.
- Removes debris from curb line to prevent obstruction to the storm drains.
- Locates and removes graffiti from buildings, sidewalks, and sidewalk/street fixtures.
- Performs leaf blowing and cultivation during required seasons.
- Provide customer service to visitors, business people, merchants and residents of downtown.
- Communicates with coworkers and supervisors via radio dispatch to report location, cleanups and facilitate problems.
- Other duties as assigned to include but not limited to weeding, limited landscaping, training and working with Community Service Workers.
- May need to operate and/or maintain mechanized equipment like green machines, blowers, bike equip with power washers.
- Self-motivated, energetic learner and leader with a good sense of humor.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with groups and the public.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Required to maintain a clean, neat appearance.
- Knowledge of Downtown Seattle and its community a plus.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be comfortable working in an outdoors setting in all seasons around all types of waste.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work Environment – Work outdoors all day in an urban environment
Physical Demands – Sweeping, removing litter a.nd other debris, removing graffiti, leaf blowing, power washing, pushing around a garbage can, lifting full garbage bags and other litter. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Starts at $16 per hour. Eligible for PTO and ORCA pass. All benefit eligibility dates are based on individual vendor contracts.
Send resumes to email@example.com or apply in person to 423 Stewart St, Seattle, WA 98101 to fill out an application. NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
The Downtown Seattle Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.