Outreach Engagement & Administrative Specialist
Outreach Program Manager
Full-time; non-exempt (hourly)
The mission of the Outreach Engagement and Administrative Specialist is to assist in creating a safe and welcoming environment to all who frequent the coverage area to include residents, workers, tourists and the vulnerable street population. The position will be the first point of contact between clients and the MID Outreach Program, greeting, welcoming and directing will be critical roles. Additionally, notifying staff of visitor arrival, maintaining security, managing phone calls as well as providing some case management and administrative support will be functions of the work. A portion of this position, will be spent out in the MID and CCI boundaries conducing outreach services. If an individual is interested and qualifies for MID Outreach services, then the Outreach Engagement and Administrative Specialist will perform an intake screening for these individuals to become registered MID clients and receive ongoing case management from an Outreach Case Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as first point of contact for the outreach team by fostering a welcoming and respectful atmosphere.
- Manage client intake process, schedule follow-up and case management appointments.
- Manage telephones by answering and directing to appropriate team members.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Support case management staff by serving ‘overflow’ clients.
- Complete daily activity reports and other assignments.
- Work on administrative assignments as assigned by Outreach Manager.
- Receive and distribute mail, maintain administrative files and inventory of office supply needs.
- Organize supply closet and keep inventory of supplies.
- Document outreach activities with specific attention paid to frequency of contacts and services acceptance or refusal.
- Communicate facility needs to Outreach Facilities Worker and Outreach Manager.
- Actively seek out and identify individuals experiencing homelessness throughout the program area.
- Develop and maintain a schedule of regular street stops and remain flexible to find and include new locations to your routine.
- Knowledge and experience navigating social service programs in King County.
- AA degree in Human Services Field or equivalent relevant work experience required.
- Valid WA State Driver’s License preferred.
- Must possess ability to work in outdoor weather up to 7 hours per day.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Self-management and accountability a must.
- Computer literate with knowledge of clinical documentation; MS Office Suite, Agency, Fulcrum, Kronos, Clarity and any other data bases.
- Minimum one year working in social service agency, preferred.
- Excellent administrative organization and time management skills.
$17-$22 DOE per hour plus competitive compensation package that includes medical, dental, PTO, 401k and Orca transportation pass.
Send resumes to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.