Outreach Case Manager
Full-time; Non-exempt (hourly)
This is a non-traditional team based approach to seek out homeless individuals in the MID ratepayer boundaries to connect them with services and provide ongoing case management. Finding innovative solutions for individuals who present a chronic street presence due to homelessness, addiction and mental illness will be keys to success. This position will spend the majority of their work week outside in the field working to identify and relationship build with homeless people living on the street in places not suitable or legal for human habitation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Willing and able to work flexible hours with an emphasis on a 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m. or 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. daily shift.
- Actively seek out and identify street homeless persons throughout the program area.
- Attend and participate in the Multidisciplinary team meetings or other meetings as determined by Outreach Manager.
- Develop and maintain a schedule of regular street stops and remain flexible to find and include new locations to your routine.
- Initiate the intake process by recording an informal assessment of client’s needs.
- Work closely with the MID Team for assistance in accessing needs like medical treatment, mental health and substance abuse treatment, shelter, housing and employment.
- Provide a daily presence, encouragement and advocacy with individuals as they progress through the process of leaving homelessness.
- Respond to calls for service from neighborhood stakeholders, local business, Seattle Police Department, the Faith community and other like agencies to communicate, educate and assist in problem solving.
- Complete daily activity reports and other assignments as specified by supervisor.
- Work on special assignments both individually and with others.
- Document outreach activities with specific attention paid to frequency of contacts and services acceptance or refusal.
- Provide ongoing service coordination to a caseload of up to 12-15 individuals who have entered services through outreach intervention.
- Compile and disseminate data on efforts as needed with preferred data bases.
- Create full service plans.
- Ongoing clinical documentation.
- Drive a vehicle or travel to areas outside of coverage area if necessary for case-specific work.
- Knowledge and experience navigating social service programs in King County and City of Seattle.
- Bachelor’s degree in social services or equivalent relevant work experience required.
- Valid WA State Driver’s License preferred.
- Must possess ability to work in outdoor weather up to seven hours per day.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. and be able to carry a 40 lbs. backpack when out in the field.
- Self-management and accountability are a must.
- Computer literate with knowledge of clinical documentation; MS.
- Office Suite, Agency, Fulcrum, Kronos and any other databases.
- Minimum one year working experience in social service agency.
- Excellent time management skills.
$17-$25 DOE per hour, plus competitive compensation package that includes medical, dental, PTO, 401k and ORCA transportation pass.
Please send resume to email@example.com.