MID Dispatch/ Receptionist
Community Safety & Hospitality Team
Safety Team Supervisor
Full time, Non-Exempt, 40 hours per week
The DSA/MID Ambassador teams play a vital role in living our organization’s mission: to create a healthy, vibrant downtown for all. All Ambassadors are stewards of the public realm and help to make it an inviting and welcoming place for all. All Ambassador teams work with the following priority framework focusing on the “three Cs”: Clean, Clear and Cared for. This means that all employees strive to maintain a visually appealing and safe environment for all by resolving clutter and disarray and caring for all people in the public realm in a friendly and positive manner. The downtown public realm should be high quality and consistent, demonstrated through attentive oversight of the details in the public realm space and genuine care and concern for the people in the space.
The MID Dispatcher/Receptionist is responsible for supporting the Metropolitan Improvement Districts Clean, Safe, and Outreach Programs by coordinating communication between field and support elements, and by acting as the primary customer service contact for customers and downtown stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and direct office visitors.
- Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness.
- Answer radio calls: relay and record information as needed.
- Exercise a high degree of judgment, independence, and decision making while evaluating emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Gather and disseminate information clearly, accurately and rapidly in urgent situations.
- Relay information between MID staff, 911 operators, and public agencies
- Answer customer phone calls, route calls to appropriate staff, and create work tickets for service calls.
- Dispatch field operators and ambassadors to job locations
- Monitor status and location of ambassadors in the field.
- Monitor open jobs in work order system to ensure job completion, and provide customer follow up when necessary.
- Issue radios and related equipment to ambassadors
- Develop and maintain inventory of radios and handheld devices; troubleshoot, update, and maintain apps and operating systems of devices.
- Ensure radios are in good working condition; coordinate with Office Manager to initiate repairs/replace as needed.
- Retrieve messages from voicemail in a timely manner, distribute to appropriate staff.
- Open and distribute MID mail to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain a neat work area.
- Answer multi-line phone system.
- Ability to consistently exemplify MID/DSA core values: Collaboration, Perseverance, Innovation, Excellence, and Integrity.
- Two years related experience in customer service, dispatching and/or office management.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written abilities. English is required; additional language proficiency is a plus.
- Skilled in data entry and ability to produce reports and correspondence.
- Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on emotional intelligence, de-escalation, and conflict resolution.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure, in fast-paced and changing environments.
- Knowledge of Seattle businesses, retailers, offices, and streets is a plus.
- Must be able to provide a valid ID.
- Proficient in Windows, MS Office, MS Word, and Android OS.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work Environment-Working indoors, in a fast-paced environment, while dealing with stressful situations.
Physical Demands- Sitting, standing, walking for 8-hour shift.
DSA is committed to internal and market equity. The hourly range for this position is $21.00 – 27.00. Salary is determined based on internal and market equity, internal and market data/salary ranges, and the applicant’s job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. We will hire at the beginning of the salary range to allow future salary growth based on an employee’s performance, professional development, and increases in responsibilities and duties. Downtown Seattle Association provides a comprehensive benefits package including but not restricted to:
Flexible Spending Account
Employer-Matched 401(k) Contribution with up to 5% Match
*First Choice EAP
*Employer paid benefit
Please submit your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We recognize the value of the Downtown Seattle Association and our affiliate organizations and programs reflecting the diversity of our community and are intentionally and actively seeking out applications from a variety of backgrounds, including members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC).
Downtown Seattle Association is an equal opportunity employer. All employees and potential employees will be recruited, selected, trained, promoted, and, if necessary, disciplined without regard to sex, race, religion, creed, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political ideology or activity, disability, veteran, or military status. All applicants are carefully screened, and full consideration is given to their training, education, skills, aptitudes, experience, and previous work record. In addition, DSA does not discriminate based on genetic information in its employment related policies and practices, including coverage under its health benefits program.