Mental Health Case Manager
Full-time; Non-exempt (hourly)
This is a non-traditional team based approach to seek out homeless individuals in the MID ratepayer boundaries to connect them with services and provide ongoing case management. A significant amount of the Mental Health Specialist’s time will be spent imbedded with Outreach Case Managers. Finding innovative solutions for individuals who present a chronic street presence due to homelessness, addiction and mental illness will be keys to success. This position will also include offering mental health support to homeless individuals as well as offering mental health services to support community partners.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in street outreach with Outreach Case Managers
- Engage with individuals struggling with chronic homelessness and persistent mental illness
- Work with community partners and offer mental health services and consultation
- Participate in Outreach team meetings and support Outreach Case Managers.
- Coordinate care for individuals experiencing homelessness who are tiered with other service providers.
- Provide social services and social service referrals when appropriate.
Complete daily activity reports and other assignments as specified by supervisor.
- Document outreach activities with specific attention paid to frequency of contacts and services acceptance or refusal.
- Provide ongoing service coordination to a caseload of up to 12-15 individuals who have entered services through outreach intervention.
- Compile and disseminate data on efforts as needed with preferred data bases.
- Create full-service plans
- Ongoing clinical documentation
- Any other assigned duties by Outreach Manager
- Master’s in Counseling, Social Work or other related field with experience in behavioral health preferred
- Two – three years’ experience working with homeless individuals, with co-occurring disorders.
- Experience working with homeless individuals with a substance use and/or mental health disorder and an understanding of treatment interventions and resources
- Must be an LMHC or LMHCA, LICSW, LSWAA, etc. with the state of Washington.
$22-$29 per hour (DOE), plus competitive compensation package that includes medical, dental, PTO, 401k and ORCA transportation pass.
To Apply Apply Today
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.