Communications & Marketing
Manager, Membership & Strategic Partnerships
Full-time; non-exempt (hourly)
The Downtown Seattle Association (DSA) is a nonprofit membership organization whose mission is to create a healthy, vibrant downtown. The Membership Specialist is part of a two-person Member Relations Team focused on prospecting, recruitment, engagement, stewardship and retention of corporate, nonprofit and residential members. The membership team is part of the Communications & Marketing team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sales, Database Management & Reporting:
- Accurately manage DSA’s membership database using the organization’s CRM system (NEON). This includes adding and eliminating members, updating contacts within organizations and making other changes to member profiles as necessary.
- Support the Membership Manager in maintaining a robust prospect list in keeping with DSA’s defined prospect categories. This involves researching and networking via newspapers, journals, LinkedIn and tapping internal and other referral sources. Ensure that prospective member data — including contact information (if available) and correspondence notes — are current, accurate and complete in NEON.
- Support Manager in generating accurate and clear monthly membership reports and a monthly performance dashboard for the DSA Board Executive Committee and Board meetings.
- Accompany Membership Manager in sales meetings (virtual, phone or in-person) with prospective members and current/renewing members to help articulate the benefits of membership.
- Regularly monitor and ensure membership information on the DSA website is accurate and up to date.
- Track, report and reward DSA staff for successful assistance with member recruiting.
- Customer Service & Billing:
- Respond to all phone, email and in-person inquiries and requests from current and prospective members promptly and courteously.
- Generate and send timely and accurate renewal information/invoices at key intervals (90, 60, 30 and 15 days).
- Conduct regular outreach to less/unengaged members, encouraging them to take advantage of engagement opportunities.
- Responsible for onboarding all new members.
- Strategic Partnerships/Sponsorships:
- Assist Manager with identifying possible sponsors for DSA member and public-facing events.
- Help manage a database of past, current and prospective sponsors.
- Store/file accurate sponsorship contracts and partner logos.
- Assist Manager with developing sponsor proposals and ensuring sponsors receive accurate fulfillment for their investment.
- Membership Events:
- Assist with member event planning and day-of logistics as needed, including registration, guest services, nametags, etc.)
- Keep the culture of membership alive with staff by posting about membership on Jostle, the employee intranet.
- Monitor and stay abreast of other competitive organizations’ member benefits and programming as well as the International Downtown Association and keep Communications & Marketing team updated with trends/findings as necessary.
- Assist Membership Manager and other colleagues as needed with other duties as assigned.
- Proven customer service and strong interpersonal skills
- Positive “can-do” attitude, curious, inquisitive, and eager to learn.
- Two years of experience in similar positions/organizations (nonprofit, membership, sales, etc.)
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel
- Experience with WordPress and NEON (or similar CRM system) preferred.
- Highly organized and attentive to details with excellent follow-through.
- Must be able to work well in a collaborative, fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Availability and mobility to work flexible hours for events (occasional early mornings, evenings)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Reflect the Downtown Seattle Association’s core values of Collaboration, Perseverance, Innovation, Excellence and Integrity
- Commitment to a growth mindset, collaborative servant leadership, and a learning-based philosophy
- Humility, sense of humor and comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to weave and work within all DSA mission areas associated with creating a healthy, vibrant downtown
- Willingness and ability to engage with evolving priorities and a shifting portfolio of job duties
The hourly pay range for this position is $28-$31. Downtown Seattle Association provides a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- 100% employer-paid
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Paid FMLA
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 10 paid Holidays plus six paid personal days
- ORCA transit card
- First Choice Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account (medical or dependent)
- Employer-Matched 401(k) Contribution with up to 5% Match
Things to Know About DSA
We recognize there is value in the Downtown Seattle Association and our affiliate organizations and programs reflecting the diversity of our community and we are intentionally and actively seeking out applications from a variety of backgrounds, including members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC).
Downtown Seattle Association is an equal opportunity employer. All employees and potential employees will be recruited, selected, trained, promoted, and, if necessary, disciplined without regard to sex, race, religion, creed, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political ideology or activity, disability, honorably discharged veteran or military status. All applicants are carefully screened, and full consideration is given to their training, education, skills, aptitudes, experience and previous work record. In addition, DSA does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information in its employment related policies and practices, including coverage under its health benefits program.
Please submit your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with priority given to applications received by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 21, 2023.Apply Today