Member Relations Specialist
Communications & Marketing
Senior Manager, Member Relations
Full-time; Non-exempt (hourly)
The Downtown Seattle Association is a nonprofit membership organization whose mission is to create a healthy, vibrant downtown. DSA’s Member Relations Specialist is part of a two-person Member Relations Team focused on prospecting, recruitment, engagement, stewardship and retention of corporate, nonprofit and residential members. The membership team is part of the Communications & Marketing team.
- Administration and maintenance of DSA’s Neon CRM database, focusing on members and prospects
- Routine correspondence with members and prospective members via phone, email and in-person
- Monthly membership billing
- Event registration and event logistics support
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to all phone, email and in-person inquiries and requests from current and prospective members promptly and courteously.
- Accurately maintain and update membership database and generate a variety of regular and special reports as needed.
- Support the Senior Member Relations Manager with prospective member research and assist with maintenance of an accurate prospect database in keeping with DSA’s prospect categories.
- Assist Senior Member Relations Manager with ongoing stewardship of members and make updates to member accounts as needed.
- Responsible for “onboarding” all new members: ensuring accuracy of account information; briefing them on upcoming events and engagement opportunities; and assisting them with their online account log-in.
- In collaboration with DSA’s Operations Team, responsible for the timely and accurate processing and documentation of monthly membership renewals.
- Using DSA’s CRM system, manage registration for multiple DSA membership events. Track and regularly report progress of event registration and revenue.
- Manage logistics for multiple DSA member events (registration, staff assignments, nametags, food and beverage, etc.)
- Regularly review membership information on DSA website and maintain a well-stocked inventory of membership sales and informational collateral.
- Support the Senior Member Relations Manager and other team members with other duties as assigned.
- Proven customer service and strong interpersonal skills
- Positive “can-do” attitude, curious, inquisitive and eager to learn
- Two years of experience in similar positions/organizations (nonprofit, membership, sales, etc.)
- Four-year degree preferred or relevant work experience
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel
- Experience with NEON (or similar CRM system) preferred
- Highly organized and attentive to details with excellent follow-through
- Must be able to work well in a collaborative, fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Availability and mobility to work flexible hours for events (occasional early mornings, evenings)
- Solid writing/editing and proofreading skills
Salary DOE, plus full medical, dental vision benefits, paid time off, short- and long-term disability, 401K retirement plan and annual ORCA Pass.
Please send a resume to email@example.com. To be considered, resumes must be received by 5 p.m. November 29, 2019.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
The Downtown Seattle Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.