Holiday Carousel Ambassador
Parks & Public Space
Senior Human Resources Manager
- Temporary position #1 (35.5 hours a week), Nov. 13, 2018–Jan. 1, 2019
- Temporary Position # 2 (37.5 hours a week), Nov. 13, 2018–Jan. 1,2019
Hours may vary*
- Position #1
- Sunday–Tuesday: 10:30 a.m.–8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 10:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Total Weekly Hours: 35.5
- Position #2
- Wednesday: 3 p.m.–8:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 10:30 a.m.–8:30 p.m.
- Friday: 10:30 a.m.–9:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:30 a.m.–9:30 p.m.
- Total Weekly Hours: 37.5
*Some hours will vary based on carousel operating hours. Opportunity to be oncall for additional shifts.
The Downtown Seattle Association is a not-for-profit community organization, championing a healthy, vibrant urban core. The Carousel is produced and managed by DSA. DSA seeks onsite coordinators to assist staff with logistics, coordinate volunteers and manage the carousel operation.
- Sunday–Thursday: 11 a.m.–8 p.m.
- Friday–Saturday: 11 a.m.–9 p.m.
Special Holiday Hours
- Nov. 23: 10 a.m.–9 p.m. / Tree Lighting Celebration – open early
- Dec. 24: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. / Christmas Eve – close early
- Dec. 25: CLOSED / Christmas Day
- Dec. 31: 11 a.m.–5 p.m. / New Year’s Eve – close early
- Jan. 1: 11 a.m.–8 p.m. / Normal hours
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage opening and/or closings duties
- Make cash deposits throughout designated shifts, exchange cash as-needed for change
- Oversee and assist with sponsor and vendor setup efficiently
- Manage onsite announcements and music, ensuring the volume is appropriate and emcees do not deviate from script
- Ensure a safe and quality experience for sponsors, participants and volunteers
- Support event coordination, communications and media relations efforts with professional execution
- Other duties as required
- Previous experience working at or managing events a plus
- Willingness to perform manual labor for set-up and take down (sweeping/cleaning up canopy, taking garbage to dumpster, etc.)
- Able to lift 40 lbs.
- Ability to handle onsite promotions and marketing professionally
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Passion for events, community relations and promotions
- A true people person and able to handle kids at a large volume and treat volunteers with respect and patience
- Ability to think on your feet, erring on the side of being friendly and accommodating, an outgoing personality and capable of being mentally flexible
- Must be available for training three days before carousel opening day
$15 per hour plus $20 stipend for cell phone usage, ORCA card, time off in accordance with Seattle’s sick and safe ordinance.
Please send a resume to email@example.com. NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The Downtown Seattle Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.