Downtown Summer Sounds Intern: Communications & Marketing
Parks & Public Realm
Director of Parks & Public Spaces
Temporary, part-time 24 hours per week for 10 weeks, June-August
Schedule to be mutually agreed upon.
At the Downtown Seattle Association, our mission is to create a healthy, vibrant downtown for all. For nearly 60 years, we have been providing vision and leadership on the critical issues and opportunities facing Seattle’s urban core.
This role will assist in the communications and marketing for the Downtown Summer Sounds Concert Series alongside the Parks & Public Realm Team and Communications & Marketing Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the Downtown Summer Sounds Concert Series
- Update Downtown Summer Sounds social media channels daily, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Assist in planning and implementing social media plan
- Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts
- Assist in planning, writing and managing weekly Downtown Summer Sounds emails
- Represent DSA at all concerts onsite
- Responsible for DSA set up at each concert, arriving on time, setting up promotional materials and manage rental and production staffing to ensure timely set up
- Responsible for intro/outro announcements on stage at concerts, recognizing appropriate partners, sponsors, etc.
- Conduct outreach and distribute collateral and promotional materials to concert venues and neighboring businesses
- Assist with the development and updating of media lists and member databases
- Perform other related duties of a comparable level/type as assigned
- Recent graduate or student currently in the process of completing a 4-year degree in marketing, public relations or related field
- Strong customer service experience and interpersonal skills
- Experience in marketing, events, community development or related fields
- Proficient with various social media platforms
- Hyper organized with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to take direction and remain flexible
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally with clients and demonstrate good judgment
- Ability to work occasional early morning, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
$20 per hour, plus ORCA card. This position will not be eligible for paid holidays and that they will receive time off in accordance with the Seattle Sick and Safe Leave.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. To be considered, resumes must be received by May 31. Apply Today
No phone calls, please. The Downtown Seattle Association/Metropolitan Improvement District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.