Position: Downtown Ambassador – Safety Team
Department: Clean and Safe Team
Reporting Relationship: Safety Supervisor
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
The mission of the Metropolitan Improvement District Safety Program is to assist in creating a safe and welcoming environment to all who frequent the MID program area with an emphasis on residents, workers, tourists and the vulnerable street population. The Downtown Ambassadors provide a visible uniformed presence and serve as information sources to the public, local businesses, residents, police, and other agencies and organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as an ambassador for downtown Seattle by creating a positive urban experience to all who use the city.
- Patrol assigned neighborhoods by bicycle to support the MID program community through addressing civility issues, offering human service outreach and providing customer service.
- Work closely with Outreach Ambassadors and the Community Mental Health Program to connect those in need with resources.
- Interact with neighborhood stakeholders, Seattle Police Department and other relevant agencies to communicate and assist in problem solving.
- Represent the downtown Seattle MID and the Public Safety Program at special events in a positive and professional manner.
- Complete daily activity reports and other assignments as specified by supervisor.
- Work on special assignments both individually and with others.
- Must possess ability to ride bicycle for ten hour shifts in outdoor weather.
- Must pass a bicycle riding assessment with an emphasis on low riding speeds.
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- Strong ability to work and interact with the public.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess a solid work ethic and the ability to follow instructions.
- Self-motivated, energetic learner and leader with a good sense of humor.
- Required to maintain a neat and presentable appearance.
- Knowledge of downtown Seattle and its community a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Work is conducted outdoors in an urban environment;
- majority of time will be on a 2 wheeled bike;
- must be able to lift 40 pounds;
- able to hear and write.
Starting pay is $15.00. Generous benefit package includes 100% employer coverage of medical, dental, and vision premiums, as well as paid time off, 401K retirement plan, and unlimited annual ORCA Pass.
Send resumes to email@example.com or apply in person to 423 Stewart St, Seattle, WA 98101 to fill out an application. NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
The Metropolitan Improvement District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.