Downtown Ambassador – Clean Team Assistant Supervisor
Clean Team Assistant Supervisor
Clean Team Supervisor
Full time, Non-Exempt
The primary role of the Metropolitan Improvement District (MID) Clean Team is to clean and maintain the appearance of public pedestrian right away areas while ensuring that the sidewalks and alleys within the MID are free of trash, debris, and graffiti.
The Clean Team Assistant Supervisor will be responsible for providing field supervision as well as assisting the Clean Team Supervisor in directing, planning and evaluation of the Clean Team Ambassadors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor employee activities to ensure performance standards and productivity levels are maintained. These patrols may be completed while by walking, driving a vehicle or riding a bike
- Provide sanitation cleanup of alleys and sidewalks using a truck equipped with a power washer, on occasion as needed
- Identify, report and correct conditions that adversely impact the downtown or those who work, live and visit the MID area
- Identify and report any City or MID related issues requiring attention (such as litter or graffiti) by using a handheld device
- Assist in recruiting/hiring, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities for team members
- Evaluate employee work habits to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use/type of equipment to increase efficiency or effectiveness of services
- Resolve customer complaints via phone or email
- Conduct uniform and personal appearance inspections of all Cleaning Ambassadors
- Ensure all employees have necessary equipment and supplies to perform duties
- Coach and mentor team members, including individuals who may have had prior justice-system involvement or substance abuse challenge
- Address performance or behavior problems through coaching and counseling, and additional training to ensure desired performance standards are met
- Assist the Supervisor in conducting formal performance evaluations for team members
- Must have a valid Washington State Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Basic knowledge of equipment maintenance is a plus.
- Neat and clean appearance
- Self-motivated, energetic learner and leader with a good sense of humor.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds, including those in recovery or coming out of justice-involvement
- Able to work in a fast-pace and ever-changing environment
- Highly organized with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Downtown Seattle and its community a plus.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Proficient in Windows, MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to walk or bike outdoors in all Seattle weather for up to 6 hours.
Starts at $22.50 per hour. Eligible for 100% company-paid medical, dental and vision benefits, LTD and life insurance; generous paid time off; nine paid holidays plus up to 5 paid personal days per year; 401k retirement plan with 5% company match; annual ORCA pass.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 423 Stewart St, Seattle, WA 98101.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
The Metropolitan Improvement District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.