Director of Strategic Partnerships
Communications & Marketing
Vice President, Communications & Marketing
The Director of Strategic Partnerships plays a highly visible and essential role on the DSA Communications & Marketing Team. This position is responsible for identifying, procuring and cultivating strategic funding partners for Downtown Seattle Association programs, events and initiatives. This includes annual DSA member events and outdoor programs produced in DSA-managed parks and public spaces. This may include soliciting in-kind donations or trades, securing exhibitors, and identifying and applying for grant opportunities.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with VP, Director of Member Relations, and other executives to determine annual and program-specific sponsorship funding goals. Evaluate levels, benefits and value for sponsors and partners. Ensure all agreements reflect the DSA brand, align with the specific program or event vision, and are executed in keeping with DSA standards.
- Secure sponsors/partners for signature DSA events, including the State of Downtown (February), the DSA-MID Annual Meeting (June), Holidays Downtown and DSA’s annual Downtown Summer Sounds concert series.
- Working closely with DSA’s Parks & Public Space Team, develop and implement a fundraising and sponsorship strategy to support DSA’s management of downtown parks and public spaces, including Westlake Park and Occidental Square. Secure donors and sponsors to support parks programming and operations. May require coordination with partner organizations, including the Seattle Parks Foundation, the Alliance for Pioneer Square and Friends of Waterfront Seattle on strategy and execution.
- Collaborate with Communications & Marketing colleagues on the development of sponsorship sales material, both digital and print. Prepare compelling customized sponsorship proposals that reflect both a sound understanding of prospect’s investment goals and DSA’s brand and value proposition.
- Working closely with the Director of Member Relations, conduct regular outreach with prospective and existing clients.
- Create and maintain progress reports and provide regular updates to VP.
- Develop and maintain sponsor database and logo library to ensure all sponsors and partners are identified, tracked and recognized appropriately.
- Collaborate with DSA Finance Department and stakeholders to produce accurate and timely sponsor invoicing.
- Serve as on-site event host to strategic partners as needed.
- Perform other related duties of comparable level/type as assigned.
- Degree in marketing, public relations or related field
- Minimum of five years’ experience in fundraising, corporate/community events sponsorship, media advertising sales, sports/entertainment marketing or similar
- Proven track record of quantifiable selling success, including revenue growth
- Self-motivated, energetic, disciplined and goal-oriented
- Professional, diplomatic and mature manner with an ability to interact effectively with senior executives, board members, business leaders and other staff
- Strong interpersonal and demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Highly organized and able to work independently, with a proven ability to successfully manage multiple, deadline-driven projects at once
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and CRM databases
Salary and Benefits
Position is at a director level; salary range is competitive DOE. Compensation includes employer paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, EAP); vacation and sick leave; holidays; retirement plan after one year; unlimited annual transit pass.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No telephone calls, please. Application deadline: 5 p.m., Monday, Feb.24, 2020.
The Downtown Seattle Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.