Communications & Marketing
Senior Manager, Marketing & Creative Services
The Communications Specialist is an integral member of DSA’s Communications & Marketing team, responsible for creating content for a variety of communication platforms, including social media and DSA’s website (downtownseattle.org). The team has a broad scope of work, including membership, sponsorship, earned and social media, brand and website management, graphic design, copywriting and events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plays a key role in promoting DSA’s suite of consumer-facing events and campaigns (year-round urban park/public space activations, Downtown Summer Sounds concert series, and downtown holidays).
- Produces engaging content for social media platforms and website in line with DSA’s brand strategy, social media strategy, editorial guidelines and voice.
- Collaborates closely with other members of the Communications & Marketing team and DSA’s Parks and Public Spaces Team.
- Assists with wide-ranging photography needs (shooting, photo selection and editing) and helps maintain extensive photo library.
- Assists with media relations, including drafting and editing news releases, media advisories and calendar alerts.
- Provides periodic assistance with back-up graphic design and production needs.
- Assists with writing/editing for internal communications projects as needed.
- Supports DSA member events and other team priorities and projects as time allows.
- Performs other related duties of a comparable level/type as assigned.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with proficiency in AP style editing preferred.
- Ability to write for a variety of channels and audiences.
- College graduate with a 4-year degree and 2+ years professional experience in communications, public relations or related field.
- Ability to interact professionally with clients and demonstrate good judgment.
- Highly organized and attentive to details with excellent follow-through.
- Must be able to work well in a collaborative, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must be available to work occasional early mornings, evenings or weekends.
- Experienced with social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PPT and Excel. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign a plus.
- Photography experience desired.
Starting hourly rate of $21.63-$26.44, depending on qualifications, plus full medical, dental vision benefits, paid time off, short- and long-term disability, 401K retirement plan and annual ORCA Passport transit pass.
Please send a resume to email@example.com. To be considered, resumes must be received by June 28, 2019.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
The Downtown Seattle Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.