Clean Team Supervisor
Full-time, Non-Exempt, 40 hours per week
The DSA/MID Ambassador teams play a vital role in living our organization’s mission: to create a healthy, vibrant downtown for all. All Ambassadors are stewards of the public realm and help to make it an inviting and welcoming place for all. All Ambassador teams work with the following priority framework focusing on the “three Cs”: Clean, Clear and Cared for. This means that all employees strive to maintain a visually appealing and safe environment for all by resolving clutter and disarray and caring for all people in the public realm in a friendly and positive manner. The downtown public realm should be high quality and consistent, demonstrated through attentive oversight of the details in the public realm space and genuine care and concern for the people in the space.
The Clean Ambassador is responsible for, but not limited to, keeping the sidewalks, curbs, and other areas of the 300 square blocks of Seattle’s Metropolitan Improvement District spanning from Denny Way to Pioneer Square and from I-5 to the waterfront. clean and free of litter, trash, and other forms of debris.
Essential Duties and Tasks
- Ambassadors will be assigned to maintain a specific work area of 8 to 12 blocks in size.
- Sweep and remove litter from sidewalks, curbs, and other areas of public spaces.
- Remove debris from curb lines to prevent obstruction to the storm drains.
- Locate and remove graffiti from buildings, sidewalks, and street fixtures.
- Provide customer service to visitors, businesspeople, merchants, and residents of downtown.
- Communication with coworkers and supervisors via radio dispatch to report location, cleanups and facilitate problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to consistently exemplify MID/DSA core values: Collaboration, Perseverance, Innovation, Excellence, and Integrity.
- Self-motivated, energetic learner with a growth mindset
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on emotional intelligence.
- Ability to work in all public spaces in the downtown area.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Required to maintain a clean and neat appearance.
- Must be able to provide a valid ID.
- Knowledge of downtown Seattle and its community a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work Environment – Work outdoors for the entirety of each shift in all weather conditions, handling potentially hazardous waste.
Physical Demands – Standing, walking, bending 8-10 hours a day up to a 12-block radius, sweeping, pushing around a garbage can, lifting full garbage bags and other litter. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
MID is open 362 days a year, operating between the hours of 7:00 am to 9:00 pm Sunday through Saturday.
Schedule availability cannot be guaranteed.
DSA is committed to internal and market equity. The hourly range for this position is $21.00 – $27.00. Salary is determined based on internal and market equity, internal and market data/salary ranges, and the applicant’s job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. We will hire at the beginning of the salary range to allow future salary growth based on an employee’s performance, professional development and increases in responsibilities and duties. Downtown Seattle Association provides a comprehensive benefits package including but not restricted to:
Flexible Spending Account
Employer-Matched 401(k) Contribution with up to 5% Match
*First Choice EAP
Application Instructions Apply Today
Please submit your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
We recognize the value of the Downtown Seattle Association and our affiliate organizations and programs reflecting the diversity of our community and are intentionally and actively seeking out applications from a variety of backgrounds, including members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC).
Downtown Seattle Association is an equal opportunity employer. All employees and potential employees will be recruited, selected, trained, promoted, and, if necessary, disciplined without regard to sex, race, religion, creed, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political ideology or activity, disability, honorably discharged veteran, or military status. All applicants are carefully screened, and full consideration is given to their training, education, skills, aptitudes, experience, and previous work record. In addition, DSA does not discriminate based on genetic information in its employment-related policies and practices, including coverage under its health benefits program.