The Downtown Seattle Association (DSA) is a nonprofit membership organization whose mission is to create a healthy, vibrant downtown. The Accounting Specialist will support the VP Finance in carrying out the responsibilities of the finance department, ensuring that financial records are maintained accurately and consistent with accounting standards for non-profit agencies. Responsibilities include Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and reconciliations.
- Classify, code, process, pay and file high volume A/P for three companies, including vendor and customer file maintenance in QuickBooks
- Prepare all A/R billings and reminders, including sponsorship, grants and other invoices as requested
- Communicate and resolve outstanding vendor issues, while maintaining positive relationships
- Maintain use tax records
- Prepare benefit reconciliations
- Maintain ACA information and process annual 1094 & 1095’s
- Prepare and process deposits and credit card payments
- Credit card reconciliation
- Assist with all accounting functions to support VP Finance
- Prepare annual 1099’s
- Accounting degree or 3 to 5 years equivalent accounting experience
- Experience with QuickBooks, ExcelStrong attention to detail, accuracy and organization
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Nonprofit experience a plus
Annual salary 55-65k DOE, ORCA pass, 401k retirement with company match, FSA, 100% company-paid medical, dental, short-term and long-term disability insurance; generous paid time off (PTO), paid holidays
Please submit your resumé and a paragraph or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Apply Today
The Downtown Seattle Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.