Heated Competition – May the Best Chowder Win!
The maritime industry is vitally important to the Puget Sound area economy…it also provides us with signature dishes that have become synonymous with Seattle…like a steaming hot cup of chowder!
Visit the Downtown Seattle Waterfront this Saturday, May 12 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. for the 2012 Seattle Maritime Festival’s Family Fun Day – the Seattle Propeller Club’s annual celebration of the city’s maritime industry.
The day’s events include:
- Seattle Waterfront Neighborhood Chowder Cook-Off – taste and vote for 2012’s best chowder from the eight participating Waterfront restaurants
- U.S. Oil Refining Seattle Tugboat Race Championships – the largest in the world
- Pacific Maritime Magazine Quick & Dirty Boatbuilding Competition – amateurs build, race (and sink) boats
- Compass Courses World Invitational Survival Suit Races – men and women put on survival suits, jump in the water and swim as fast as they can
- Narrated tours of Elliott Bay
- Tours of various boats on display
- Youth & Family Maritime Education Fair – featuring maritime programs focusing on marine educational activities and boating experiences in the Puget Sound area
- Kids’ Fun activities – wooden boat building, kids activity center, free admission to the Maritime Events Center and more
The Propeller Club, Port of Seattle Chapter is a civic, social and charitable organization that promotes maritime commerce in the Puget Sound region. For more information, please visit the Seattle Propeller Club home page